Monday, July 22, 2013

Minnesota Road Trip!

Jamie, Brecklyn and I took a little time, back in time for me.  It was the week of my hometown's Sesquicentennial celebration.  I figured I had been to the centennial, I should be at the 150th as well! I definitely won't make it to the Bi=centennial, will I!  So here is a little re-cap of our fun trip we took together.  By the way this was Breckie's first airplane ride.   It was a fairly smooth ride so it was a good first experience for her. 
Here we are waiting to go!
Waiting to depart.  We left a little late because a bird or something hit the door of our plane on it's last flight and they had to make some repairs, they said.  But we still got there at the scheduled time.
The first plan of attack was yeah, you guessed it, the famous "Mall of America".  Last time that Jamie and I were here we were able to take pictures in front of the big sign outside.  But this time we couldn't because there was construction just outside in the front. Oh well, we took a picture in the parking garage instead!  Ha ha!
 
 
And what was the first discovery?  Yes, it was ....The American Girl Doll Store.  Jamie always wanted one, never could afford one...guess who got one?  Yes Brecklyn lucked out!  Here some pics:

Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming!
Does it get better than this?  Well, yes, maybe so!
Brecklyn searches for the one that looks like her!
It's number 38!
A musician...
A never-ending store with dolls that are black, white, brown, old and new, washing clothes in a wringer washer, Indians with a tee-pee, kitchens, doctors, nurses, students, ironers, colonial, pioneers, you name it!  They got it!
Clothes, accessories of every type, shape and size!
But this is the one:
And poor baby, has to go for an appointment to get her ears pierced!  Can you believe it?

An outfit, glasses, a stand and a few odds and ends, and poor grandma is out a small fortune!
Then on to the rides, yes it is a small amusement park within the mall!
 
 



 
Did the flying Walendas start here???
Then to the Lego store it is:

 


A whole store for Lindt Chocolates, can you believe it?
And several hours later, a million bucks poorer, we head out on our trip and pass by the Mayo clinic in Rochester, MN.  The famous medical clinic.  Good to know in case we have an illness on the road, no?


Just an aside, as a child I loved "old Dutch" potato chips and ya know what?  Still do!
So this concludes the first post.  Now on to the next!

No comments: