Well, as I checked on my vacation days for the year and I found out I had to use some more days that what I thought. So rather than wait till the weather gets bad, I wanted to take it while the grandkids were still out of school. So we had talked about going to Yellowstone, but the kids had some activities, Karate for Logan, Basketball camp for Ty, Piano and dance for Brecklyn, etc. So we decided it would be best to have another "stay"cation. And so Monday, we went up to the canyon. We took my mom and Spencer went, too. We put in the 8th seat in the van, which is removable and everyone fit in there. We found that the river was high and fast and not wanting to experience any bad accidents, went to Mutual Dell, where the river wasn't so close to the picnic areas. It was nice under the pavillion and there we had a little picnic. After that we drove to what used to be the old Adventure Learning Park. It is now owned by the City, and I know it has a new name. Just can't remember what it is....
Here are some of the pics...
Up the canyon, the river was fast and deep. Not a good idea. So we moved to Mutual Dell.

A picnic in the beautiful mountains.
Then on to the park. Logan sees the little fish.
The rest of us watch the ducks and visit.
Lots of nibbles, but no fish. Although Ty does catch one in his bare hands.
Hungry ducks eat most of the treats we brought for the kids. But they will stay healthy, because the were organic treats. HA! HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment