Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rude Awakening....

It was a normal Friday night.  Brecklyn called and asked if she could sleep over.  I asked that would be OK.  Then Jamie called and asked if that was right and I said yes, at which point Tyson wanted to sleep over and then Logan started to cry cause he wanted to as well.  So we had all three.  No problem, we have done this before and all was fine. So they came over and eventually all were asleep. 

As I slept, something woke me, maybe a noise or a light.  As I focused to see what it was, I noticed it was the light coming from the bathroom.  OK, no problem.  Then I hear the front door locks opening which naturally grabbed my attention as it was around 4:30 in the morning.  I layed in the dark thinking, if I hear the front screen door slam, I have got trouble.  No sooner had I thought that, then I heard the slam.  Someone in my house had gone out.  At first I thought it was Brian, so I ran to the door, and called out into the yard.  No answer.  So I went quickly to the room where the kids were sleeping.  I turned on the hall light to see if all were there.  No Logan.  I noticed the light still in the bathroom but the door was closed.  I checked and the bathroom was empty.  So I grabbed a robe from the bathroom and went outside towards Jamie's house calling Logan's name.  Nothing.  I got to her house, it was dark and no Logan and headed back to my house.  WHERE had he gone at such an hour.  By then Spence is outside with a flashlight looking for him too.  I came home and called Jamie.  She quickly answered saying Logan had just gone into their house after ringing the door bell like crazy.  Boy, I don't need that kind of excitement in the middle of the night...

All the commotion woke up Brian, Tyson and Brecklyn.  I guess we will all be on the exhausted side today...I think that this will be the last sleep over for Logan for a while...

1 comment:

Francesca said...

First Logan, then Brecklyn. No more scary stories please!