Once we got to La Guardia, the Hertz shuttle took us to our airporter transport. I had thought that this would be the only transportation and would take us to our hotel...:( Not so...it stops at Grand Central Station, outside on the street where we had to wait for a different shuttle to take us to the Hotel. May I add that it was just pouring rain, non stop all day, which is why the closing ceremonies at Cooperstown were canceled. Not nice...I had hoped to add to my already huge picture collection. (I took over 1500 photos!) Anyway even with umbrellas and jackets we were drenched to the skin. No other way to put it. And it wasn't warm. So we waited and eventually the smaller shuttle came and we loaded up the luggage, yet again and climbed in. I was on the back row with two Minnesota ladies, one who had retired from teaching the day before. This was her big after retirement trip. The planned the whole thing just 2 days before they left. Wow. I couldn't do that. Anyway, our hotel was the Club quarters at Rockefeller Center. It was next door to a club called Johnny Utah's. So maybe it was appropriate for us??? Anyway, I think as we walked in we looked like a bunch of drowned rats. Definitely, and slightly aggravated ones at that. So we settled in, changed, cleaned up and hit the town running. It wasn't too much fun because of the rain. People were like a sea of umbrellas. Right after we returned to our room, on the TV they showed a car accident were we had just been where a car hit some pedestrians and it was really a bad accident. I think the baby was hit while in a baby stroller and was fighting for her life. So sad.
While we were out, we ate at a restaurant where they sing and entertain you while eating. It was fun. I think Tyson's hamburger was too big to fit in his mouth. It was funny. Anyway, that was the first day in NYC.
Tyson is sitting here trying to decide what to order at the Restaurant. I think it was the Stardust?? Can't quite recall.
Being entertained. It was fun.
The above are all pics of Rockefeller Center across the street from the Hotel.
Yes, the above pics are all from the Lego store at Rock Center. And Yes, BJ got a Lego from here.
The next morning Ty, Jay and I went to the NBC Studios for a tour. No pics allowed in the tour. But at the end the tour person asked for 2 volunteers, of which one was Jamie and a man we don't know named TJ. Well, they were asked to pretend to be an anchor person and weather person. Jamie was an anchor person. They taped it and we also had our pictures taken. They are in copywritten so I don't know if I can post them or not...so better not. But Jamie was the anchor and he was the weatherman. It was really fun and we got a DVD of the event. Before going, Jamie and Ty stopped at the bakery across the street and had a quick breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment