Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Big Apple Continues!

I decided to break it up in a couple of parts because I had so many freeze episodes.  Boy does it take forever to do an update when this continues.  But I keep trying and with any luck I will be done before bedtime!!!
Makin' a deal at China Town.  REALLY!

The sites of China town.  Very hectic!
For Sale, everything in a handbag, to go!

Looking down from the Empire!  Now that's a drop!
The Hudson.  Our boat left from Pier 84 and was the first rescue boat to the plane that crashed in the Hudson some years ago.

Bicycle taxi on the right.  Lots of those running around!  Also the last day was Puerto Rican Parade Day and we were worried we would never get to the Airport!
Our boat!
The concession stand on the boat.

Here we go!

The couple on the right are grandparents from our team in Cooperstown and were on the same boat cruise!
A view from the boat.



A famous place -- Ellis Island.


This one ummmm takes me back to 1957!
The tour guide said we would be dancing cheek to cheek with the lovely lady and we did!
Finding myself at a place I was at 56 years ago with my mom and dad!

Hail the taxi!!!Hurry!  It's a water taxi, really!
Governor's Island.
Coming in for a landing.

We passed many bridges today.
A last view of the Empire State Bldg.
A picture for Spence who used to live on Staten Island as a baseball guy!

A blog about NYC wouldn't be without the perverbial cops on the horses picture, would it?  And I am now officially done with my posts.  I am amazed that I could get this much done.  Although it took a week to post it all.  But I have over 1500 pics and I promise not to bore you with anymore!  All done!
Aren't you glad?




1 comment:

Jamie said...

It was such a fantastic trip!! Thanks for coming!