Sunday, June 16, 2013

More on the Big Apple!

Blogger just froze up, so I hope that I will be able to post something.  It is really strange.  I keep getting error messages, as well! 

I had started a post about driving in New York State, and having to fork out lots of cash for the Expressways.  It wasn't too much fun!
 It was raining cats and dogs when we arrived.  Can you tell?
We drove to La Guardia to drop off our rental car.  Jamie was getting a bit tense, so I was happy we would use other transportation in the city.  By the way, I became real good at hailing cabs!
Lots of bridges to see!

A little NYC breakfast before the NBC tour, just across the street.  I wonder how many stars have had breakfast right in this very spot!
A view from our Hotel, just 1/2 block from Rockefeller Center.  And directly across from Radio City.
The Big Apple! The green part is Central Park!

He's almost as tall as me!
The Empire!
Our first glimpse of our Lady Liberty!

Another view of Central Park!
Ran into nice people on the 67th floor!


Including other Cooperstown participants!

Is Jamie afraid of heights?  Not sure what was going on here!
The front of Club Quarters where we stayed.  If you look closely on the right, is Johnny Utah's.  A night club, I suppose.  But a reminder of home, sort of...
By the way, who was in the Limo and was he/she staying at Club Quarters?  On our last day, they were rehearsing the Tony awards at Radio City and the whole street was shut down.  We had to drag all our luggage away from the hotel to hail a cab for JFK.

At 911 Memorial.  The new tall building is the new tower.

Waiting in long and hot lines at 911.
There are 2 pools like this with the "falls" in the middle where the water goes down, where the twin towers once stood in exactly the same piece of ground.

 The new tower reflecting buildings on the side.
Names at 911.


A recent loved one must have been there....just before us.
Another view of the "Falls".
It is enclosed by glass so that the pictures were not the best because of the reflection from the glass.

Leaving the Memorial.  The cement areas are well there will be 8 buildings yet to come.










No comments: