Yes, it's baseball, baseball and more baseball. The team won last nite, Spencer's birthday and 2 games today. So three in a row. It made it really fun, of course. Today's weather was strange. Warm for a few minutes, then cold, then windy, and back to cloudy, then sunny. We had to have coats and blankets one minute and take them off the next. Back and forth for 2 games. But regardless it was a great day for the Scorchers!
As you see below, Logan was all bundled up, while Jake was keeping score.
Here's Ty on base waiting to steal. My grandson does lots of "stealing" these days!
He is quite a fast runner, too, by the way! Reminds me of myself when I was that age, definitely not now. Can barely walk! But back in the day, I was quite the runner.
This is a silly picture. I went out to the car to get warm for a few minutes between games and saw a balloon in the sky. It moved fast and got smaller and smaller till it totally disappeared. That reminded me of Jamie when she was about 3 or so. She had a balloon and our neighbor Ryan got it and it floated away. Jamie was so sad for a bit and then she smiled and said, "that's OK, mom, now Heavenly Father has a balloon!"
Other events this week included a Friday nite cake and ice cream to celebrate the milestone birthday of grandpa himself. I bought a cake at the German store and something happened to it. When I got it out of the fridge the top layer had separated from the bottom and there was no way it was going back to the original position. Oh, well, apparently it didn't make it taste any different.
Logan is our candle-blower. No matter who's birthday he threatens to blow out your candles! Better do it quick or your opp is quickly gone! Grayson is excited, too!
Then on Monday Brecklyn had her dance recital and here she is after!
Aren't my blondies adorable!
And of course, last Sunday was Mom's Day. Jamie brought me a cool present. It was a tile with the family picture and they somehow glaze it with a blow torch, which was Jake's part of the project. I can't quite imagine how it all worked, but I love it!
Spencer barbequed for Mom's Day and there was enough for a few friends to share when they came and brought over my pretty gift. And the weather was sensational!
Here are my pretty Mom's Day flowers. And guess what we didn't get "pearls" at church, we got a geranium. I think we were all happy about that!
So that was the last 2 weeks in a nut shell. Soon I will be joining Ty and Jay as we head to Cooperstown. Hopefully there will be some wins to enjoy! Till later!
1 comment:
Mom, those pictures of Brecklyn after the recital are gorgeous. Will you email them to me?
Post a Comment