Well, I have had a hard week, first with the transportation issue that I have had and with work assignments. A little about getting to work.
Here is the thing. First you take the car to the bus stop. Then you take the bus to the train station. But it isn't a direct route, so it takes long...and wastes time... Then you get on the train and then you get off the train and take a bus or the blue trax to work. And then at the end of the day you do it all again. It hasn't worked too well for me. But today it was better, and it took only about 66 minutes, instead of 120-125 minutes. I was ready to bag the whole thing but maybe now I have learned a few things:
1. Don't take the bus to the train, unless you want the scenic route and have nothing better to do.
2. The blue trax is really "green" not blue so don't miss it, or you miss the train. There is no evidence of blue anywhere, so don't be tricked into thinking it's the green trax.
3. In the middle of the day when you are inebriated, do take the trax. You won't get a DUI when you fall off the seat into the middle of the aisle. Just some stares and laughs!
4. You don't need to tap on and off at every "tap" machine. There are just extras out there, in case of a crowd or if you missed a few along the way!
5. There's a bathroom in the first car, in case you wondered about that. Use at your own risk.
6. The luxury leather seats are in the last car. The wifi is there, but I read my books.
7. There are no arm rests on the aisle seats, so don't fall asleep, or someone will think you are the inebriated guy from the trax...
8. There is a station called "Old Greek Town" for the Trax. I keep looking for an old Greek person or two, but as luck would have it...
9. The city buses have interesting clientele...Oh Yes, they do!
10. It is good to find a friend from the 807 bus. Like old home week, sort of!
11. And last but not least, if you miss your connection, there is no meal or lodging paid by UTA so I guess you have to keep on waiting ....Good luck my commuter friends!
A view of the Lehi Thanksgiving point train station platform.
You can buy tickets here, but I have a pass. One less worry for me.
Here are the buses waiting for the commuters.
An old friend, the 807...
No comments:
Post a Comment