The picture says it all! My oldest is an "old man". This is Brian's favorite cake, a Black Forest Cake. And from the comments of the "Peanut Gallery", it was the best one we have had yet. Not too sweet, not too SALTY! Immediate family members will know what that means, but I will let you in on the secret! About 2-3 years ago, I think it was Spencer's birthday. He and Brian's cake choice is always a Black Forest cake. Well, on that occasion, Spencer was the first to bite into the cake and said "It tastes funny." So everyone took a bite, that's about all anyone could handle and there was definitely a "problem" with the cake. I called the bakery later and they apologized and stated that they had a new employee that made the cake, as well as many others, including for an end of the year high school event, in which the employee mixed up the sugar and the salt. Hmmm, big difference, I must say! So we got a new cake, but it has been a standing family joke, "how's the cake, not too salty??"
Hear not evil, speak no evil... Logan is our family cake "poker" and we have to watch him close that he won't destroy the cake before it's time to sing "happy birthday". So Brian, I hope you had a happy day and will have many more yet to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment