Friday, July 15, 2011

The Orgo Queen "That be me!"

OK, so my daughter Jamie, has become the "coupon queen" and me, I admit it, have become the "Orgo queen", or at least "princess". My mom is probably the queen and my dad the king, so that knocks me down in rank just a bit. I have had a hard time with health in the last maybe 3-4 years and as such have tried just about everything to get back some better days. That includes buying foods untreated with hormones, pesticides and gmo's. OK, I am not a fanatic yet, but somewhat close...

Here are just a few of the things I buy orgo:
So what is in this picture: Orgo ice cream. Very delicious and expensive! But I only feel guilty about the calories, not the ingredients Orgo blueberries, red pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, brownie and cake mix, pot pie, garlic, mushrooms, chicken, beef, lunch meat, orgo with no nitrates. Notice the zucchini, that is from my garden. We don't use any pesticides ever and so of course, very orgo. We have been getting some tomatoes, zucchinis, cukes and lots and lots of lettuce, basil, parsley, an unidentifiable onion family member...(?) kohlrabi, and hopefully soon some other things will be ready. I have been buying orgo as much as possible and especially berries, as you can't "scrub" them clean enough to get all the bad stuff. My grocery bill is higher, but hopefully the med bills will be lower. That sounds like a great trade-off to me. So there you have it!

No comments: