Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tomatoes, etc.

I have lots of green big fat tomatoes.  So I brought in a bunch to see if they would ripen.  I sure hope so!  It's supposed to be cooler this week.  Any chance of frost??  I don't want to lose the tomatoes that are still out there.  But I didn't want them all at once.  The rest of my garden is really winding down.  Not much out there anymore.  But then it is officially OCTOBER!  Where did this year go?

The grandkids and their parents, of course, went to Bear Lake for the weekend and so things were quiet, but I really got caught up on my genealogy projects, although there is still tons to do, I felt like I made a big dent putting things on PAF and my Jaryzsow project file.  I have been able to put lots of Jaryszow families together and I am so excited about that.  I feel like this is a worthwhile project.  Oddly, I don't know anyone else that is researching here.  But with all the many Silesian researchers, eventually I will find someone, I'm sure.

General Conference was good.  I really noted that the speakers, many of them, were discouraging video game playing, etc.  I can see that will be a challenge to many.  But it does seem like a waste of many hours accomplishing very little. 

Well, getting late and I am getting tired.  So this is a quick little post.  By the way, dispite several traps, our potato chip eating friend, Mickey, is not interested in the bait.  Spence even put potato chip on the trap.  No nibbles.

No comments: