Today's work blog assignment was to check out Google Docs. I wasn't really aware of this too much, although a friend mentioned it to me but here you can upload documents to work on, save, send or whatever. I think it is kind of a cool thing. The idea is that at some point in time, programs such as Microsoft Word, etc will be eventually replaced by this. I can see the possibilities. I like how it works and in the case of my computer crash, you would know the important things are there. However, like in Picasa web albums, after a certain amount of space is used you would need to buy more room to store. So depending on the costs, that could be a problem.
By the way, my computer wasn't a "true" crash, which is great news for me, but rather my video driver died and so that is why I could see absolutely nothing.I now have it back and happy that no data was lost.
Another part of Assignment 8 was to go to YouTube and find a Family History video. I found one of an interview of Thomas McEntee, the so called "Father" of Family History blogging. He spoke of concerns others had regarding copywrite issues and privacy concerns.
No comments:
Post a Comment