Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Nummy Polish Recipe

I tried to post this on The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen Site, but it kept rejecting everything I did to put in the recipe.  So I am posting it here so as not to feel like a complete failure...  It really is nummy and the credit goes to Theresa Ulfik, my Polish relative's wife, who is a really good cook.

Teresa Ulfik’s Polish Salad.

Ingredients (every ingredient should be put in the form of a layer)
1 can pineapple cut into pieces ( I used Pineapple tidbits, drained)
1 can drained and rinsed kidney beans
The white part of a leek cut into pieces. (I sliced it)
a layer of mayonnaise
1/3 lb.of deli turkey or ham cut into thin stripes (Omi can leave out)
2-3 carrots (boiled) cut into thin stripes ( I used boiled baby carrots about 10-12 of them)
2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
2 cloves of mashed garlic
can of corn (I used frozen because I had no canned corn)
another layer of mayonnaise
4 grated hard-boiled eggs (I just sliced them and put them on top)

Mix it when you serve it, but it is prettier in the layered form in a clear serving bowl till ready to eat.

No comments: