Monday, September 1, 2014

The San Antonio Missions

It is always fun for me to see old historical things,  and the old missions really fit the bill.  And they kind of remind me of old European castles.  Really!  So we went to see several and here they are!

Here is the San Juan mission.


We were surprised to find out that someone, probably the priest, still lives in the house on the left.  Must be a bit rough...
Still a functioning church.
Then below you will see the aquaduct.  I am sure Sarah had a better word for it, but I don't remember it.  This is how the different missions got their water supply, from this.  I kind of have to relate today, as our culinary pipes out by the water meter sprung a leak and we have to have it fixed tomorrow.  Water is coming out from our water main and I am wondering if it is safe to use.  I look at this water and wonder what they thought about it or did about it?
Below, the next mission on our journey back in time:  Mission Espada.

And what mission is complete without it's church.  As you can see by the scaffolding, this one is getting a facelift!
And the next one is Mission San Jose!
And here is another pic of the same mission:
Below you will see a picture of the local bed and breakfast.  You will be staying in the 2nd room from the left.  Be aware, there are no windows...
But the lovely limestone walls are an added attraction and you will see in the next picture that a communal cook stove has been provided with chimney!
Not far from your room is the church, within walking distance!  And a lovely shady spot for your family picnic has been provided!  Enjoy!
A lovely Senorita/Senora is ready for church in the pic below:
And last but not least, one last mission, whose name I have forgotten.  Sarah will know and I will ask her!
But here it is!
that's all for this post.  I still have some more posts that I will put up.  But I have been doing this all day and I am exhausted!

No comments: