Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Daze

Yes, I am in a daze...I never seem to get anything accomplished, which is why I haven't written on my blog for a while.  The work-days are long.  I get up around 5:00 am and get home from work at 5:00 pm.  Then dinner, clean-up, go on my walk, catch up around the house, make date shakes for the grandkids and then if there is anytime left, work on my computer with my genealogy.

Today was my late shift and I came in early to work on a client assignment. So tomorrow I work late again, and will probably come in early again to finish up on the client job.  So life is hectic.  We have so many assignments at work, my head is swimming with details and I feel as though I am always forgetting to do something because there is so much to do.  Most of it has to do with writing for the FamilySearch Wiki, the FamilySearch Blogs, the boss's assignments and then preparing for my Accreditation renewal and of course, the FGS conference presentations in Birmingham, Alabama.  How hectic.  Maybe I will be glad to retire.  Let's see, when will that be?

I am getting a bit excited about going to Alabama as we will have some interesting activities in the evenings to go with the group.  I will be gone 6 days.

I am also taking the grandkids and Jamie to St. George to do all the southern Utah stuff, such as the Tuacahn theater, for which we have 2nd row seats.  Hope the kids like the show.  One of the leads is a former student of Jamie's and so she is happy about that.  We will try to take in Bryce, Zion's, the dinosaurs and whatever else we can do.  It will undoubtedly be hot, so hopefully we won't be burnt to a crisp. 

My cousin is coming from Germany and will be here on Brecklyn's birthday.  I would very much like to go to Poland in October.  I don't know when and if for sure.  Maybe it's just a dream...But I really have some things that I would like to get done.

As for my health, of late, it has been pretty good.  I haven't had too many of the strange things going on from the vitamin D and the EFA's that I was taking.  Perhaps the research I did paid off.  I found out that silver fillings (mercury kind) can cause neurological problems and that was what I was experiencing when taking any vitamin d and the efa's.  It was pretty extreme. 

I had my fillings removed in October of 2011 and very slowly have noticed that there has been improvement.  It has been such a gradual improvement, that sometimes I don't notice it and then suddenly I remember the way I had felt the last 4-5 years.  AWFUL... in a word.  And now, I have much more energy and the pain from the vitamin d has really diminished.  It is a small miracle.  I was studying everything I could to try to figure things out when I came upon a forum group of people who all had my difficulties.  We were like clones.  It was exactly the same.  So I tried the filling removal suggestion.  My dentist didn't want to, but since I had no cavities at October's visit, I insisted on it.  And one tooth, under the silver, was so badly decayed, it took forever to get it refilled with the composite stuff.  He said he couldn't believe it and saw no evidence on the x-rays or visually.  I was thrilled because he said it had been leaking into my system.  I was thrilled because now there seemed to be a possible reason for feeling so badly for sooo long.

And truly I have improved.  Things aren't perfect, but definitely better than before.  I feel I have taken control of my health and all the strange diagnoses that the various doctors I went to, were not right.  I am glad that I never took any of the prescriptions I was told to get.  Because I don't need them!

So just a little update.  We should have lots more to write about during or after the St. George "Playcation" ... no "Staycation" this time.  Have a great summer, friends and fam!

1 comment:

Francesca said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Have a fun summer!