Yesterday was Spencer's and my 38th wedding anniversary. Jamie's son, Tyson, also had a school performance which took place down at the BYU Marriot center. Getting to BYU was a traffic nightmare and took a really long time. Parking was another nightmare, not to mention finding a place to sit. I think everyone in Utah was there.
As soon as I sat down and looked over to the students performing, I saw what I thought was Tyson. And it was. My eyes are still pretty good, all considering the distance!
Here he is the middle "white" shirted group. He is in the 2nd row, 4th from the right.
Standing up in the red jacket is one of the directors, Alan Osmond
As you can see, the shirts made a flag. And these were all the students throughout Utah County and all 5th graders. They had studied American history this year and I can remember Jamie doing a program in 5th grade of a patriotic type very similar but on a very small scale and only her school was involved.
It was a full stadium.
Grayson was rocking to the music and clapping. He was a fan of all of this.
Towards the ending, the audience did a "wave" all around the stadium. It was hard to capture, but you can get the idea, anyway. And I hope that these young students will someday make their marks in the world, especially my 5th grade grandson, Ty. I see him going far in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment