Monday, December 5, 2011

Adventure in Babysitting!

Well as of 5:00 last Friday for 2 days I was the babysitter of four rambunctious children, my cute little grandkids.  I have the oldest three often at my house, but the youngest, Grayson, has not wanted to stay with us.  He has preferred mom at all costs.  So I was nervous how this would all work.  He was just fine.  He wasn't his unhappy self when I cared for him, he was totally fine.  It was a nice surprise.  He was the one that gave grandma a run for her money.  There was never a dull moment!
Here is Grayson checking out Jamie's popcorn popper.  This was of great interest to him.  I took my camera with me so that I could take tons of pictures for the 2 days I was at their home, but between chasing kids and running up and down the steps, I was exhausted and I ended up only taking 2 pictures the whole time.  This is so not like me!  Here is the other picture!
Logan and Brecklyn are getting their Christmas Advent Calendars up-to-date.  They opened a few extra windows for the purpose of obtaining a little more chocolate. 

My favorite moments with Grayson were in Logan's room and here I so wanted to have my camera to take a picture but it was not with me.  Logan has a horse that stands at the foot of his bed.  Grayson wanted to ride the horse.  So he got on.  He hugged the horse, he kissed the horse, he jumped up and down like a horseback rider, and then he rested his head on the head of the horse and hugged the horse around his neck and smiled and laughed.  He loves that horse...!  It was sooo cute to watch.  I just was sad my camera was so far away.


So, being the old gramma that I am - I am not used to getting up throughout the night with a baby.  Boy was that hard as I heard him start to cry I would think:  I bet he will stop crying soon, I will wait a couple of minutes.   But did he stop, no, he didn't.  I had to get up everytime.  My first night back home, last night, I slept so soundly I could barely get up with the alarm clock.  This is clearly why we have our babies when we are young...I can't even imagine doing it everyday.  Thanks Jamie for taking so good care of the grandkids everyday so that I can have so much fun with them when they come over.  I don't know how you do it!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thanks a million for watching those crazy kids. It is tough being a mom and the hardest part is actually leaving them and just hoping they'll do ok! I'm glad you were able to get to know Gray better!