Love notes, picture "book" and artwork. Yesterday was my birthday. OK, I will admit my age is getting up there! Logan asked me "How big are you today, grandma?" He didn't of course mean my size, rather my age. And so, I said, "Well, grandma is getting old, and then gave him the number".
"Oh," he said, "You don't look much older than the last time I saw you." (How many days ago would that have been?)
Being a grandma is great. The kids came over throughout the day yesterday and climbed on my lap, hugged and kissed me. Yes, there are some great rewards in being given the title of "Grandma".
The Cake! My favorite type: Marzipan.
Logan has determined that his special chore at grandma's is turning on the Halloween battery-operated candles. He does his job well!
Logan was the first one to greet me on my birthday. He came over in his jammies and with a big smile and his nintendo ds. Here he is shortly after arrival. His first words to me: Happy birthday grandma!
Some more birthday family.
Here is Brecklyn reading her birthday greetings. She has such nice handwriting, and reads so well.
Here's the b-day girl. I had planned on taking some pics at the Pie Pizza Cafe where we were eating, but I left my camera at home :( . It's a lot of fun there and the kids are comfortable being kids, running around and doing what kids do best: having lots of fun. So till the next post!
1 comment:
Logan says the funniest things. Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment