Well, we spent 3 days at Disneyland, two days Spencer's sister Erin and 3 daughters were able to spend with us. She knows the ropes better than us since she lives in Anaheim and has Disneyland passes for the family. We spent a fortune, but didn't I know that would happen?? There was even a Lego store there and Brian, Logan and Ty did a little shoppin'. It was fun, exhausting and I truly wonder how I kept on going. Must have been all that walking I do everyday.
Before we drove to Anaheim, though, my special request was to make a pit-stop in Indio and buy dates. I like to make date shakes and you can buy date sugar in Indio and make the nummiest shakes. The kids love them and it's "our little thing". I am the "date-shake grandma"! I was running out of supplies and it was time to restock. Since it wasn't very far, I insisted to Spence we stop there. He grumbled a lot, but finally conceded. I would have liked to stop by some old "stomping grounds" but I didn't want to push my luck. It was really hot, the hottest of the whole vacation time at 113. Las Vegas was 109.
By the way at the hotel in Las Vegas, we managed to go at a time when there was a "3 day Rave party" going on and many of the attendees of the Electric Daisy Concert were located at our hotel...they were dressed most strangely and scantily--if you can call it "dressed", really "undressed" is more like it. It was embarrassing to open an elevator door with a grandchild and see them...We would usually pass for the next elevator.
In honor of Tyson's school play, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter pose for a shot.
A second honeymoon?
Jedi training. That's Logan in the center facing right. He was so excited for the "training" but then was a little unhappy with the actual "battle". But it was fun to have him be chosen!Lightning McQueen action for little Logan...
Grandma Sonja gets lots of one on one with Grayson. He Actually didn't seem to mind. And of course, I was lovin' every minute!
The Lego store is always a hit, both for the kids and grandma and grandpa's AMEX card....Oh well, you can never have tooooo many Legos, right?
Cars 2 was a hit with the grands...
The big princess gives the little Princess a hug. Ariel's Grotto was a must-do for Brecklyn. She loved it and hardly could eat, she was so excited to be there. The food was good, the company was great and the 3 princesses had a wonderful time together. (except for the part about paying) Poor Jamie had to run through nearly all of Disneyland to get verification that she had paid. But we always have to make the best of these situations, too.
Cousins, one generation removed having a great time!

The gangs all here. This is our little Disneyland entourage for the 2 days that Erin spent with us. This was the last day. Some of us a little tired, to say the least.
Erin was so nice and thoughful that she got a cake for Logan and Grayson. Our last day of Disneyland was Grayson's first birthday.




1 comment:
Post a Comment