Saturday, March 26, 2011
Brecklyn's Dance Competition 26 Mar. 2011
Here is our Diamond Dancer. Their team won the Diamond award for "You are my Sunshine" and the Ruby for "It's so Quiet." No cameras were allowed, so we got only an after the fact shot. But a remembrance, none the less. Considering it was the best I have seen her dance, it made me sad not to have it recorded. I think the idea was to buy the recorded CD that they sell there. So will hope that the next performance won't have this same rule. She did amazingly well. And I was so happy to see her do such a fantastic job. She has developed into quite a clone of her mom! I liked to perform too, but in a dramatic scenario! I have to admit, though, that in my day and age, I don't think that many people really went out for dance. I remember though, that as I started BYU, that in drama, there, dance was beginning to be an important part of the drama scene, also. In high school in Cali at that time, not so much. Don't remember ever hearing much about dance companies, etc. Although cheer leading was the thing to do, if you could do it. And very few got the opportunity. There was drill team but it didn't interest me too much. I am glad that Brecklyn is able to shine in her lovely talent. She is a beautiful little girl that I hope to be able to see doing lots of wonderful things yet to come! Love you, my only granddaughter!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment