Last nite on my genealogy blog I posted about Jan Dziuk, my ancestor that immigrated to Texas and was one of the founding fathers of the first permanent Polish settlements in the USA. That of Panna Maria, Texas. I don't dream much at all these days, but last night I definitely found myself in Texas. My mom was there and other family members who I really couldn't discern who they were in my dream. We found ourselves in an old restaurant trying to find the address of the Dziuk "bakery". I put this in qoutes, because in reality it is the Dziuk meat market. I must have had a sugar craving in my sleep. We looked in the phonebook and found all kinds of Dziuks there, but not the "bakery". We found electricians, plumbers, hardware, you name it, but no bakery...after I woke up, I thought, of course we didn't find a bakery, we should have looked for a meat market...
A few years back, an email friend Sarah Reveley went to the meat market for me and sent me some cool stuff, t-shirts, Dziuk spices, sausage, etc. She also took some pics. I will post them, if I can locate them on my old computer. Anyway, I guess I am missing Panna Maria!
Looking on my old computer turned up the pictures of the Dziuks at their market in Castroville, TX.
No comments:
Post a Comment