Logan wanted to have some one on one time now for quite a while now. Today grandpa took Tyson to the gun show and felt Logan was not really old enough for this activity. Grandma had lots of errands to run, and so asked Logan if he wanted to come along. He said, yes. And so as we drove he was much more quiet than Ty, so I had to kind of start some conversations. I asked if he knew what next month was?
"No," he replied. I said, "It's Christmas". "Oh," he said.
I asked, "Do you know what Christmas is?"
"I don't know," he replied. I said, "It's when you hear about the Christmas story and you kids act it out. With Joseph and Mary and the shepards
and the wise men and....."
and the wise men and....." "And Jesus", he said. Yes! OK! I asked "who do you want to be this year." "Joseph, and Tyson can be Jesus".
I replied, "I think maybe Grayson would be better in the Jesus part this year, what do you think?" "I don't know,what about Harry Potter?" So does this mean our Christmas Story will have a bit of strange twist this year??? I hope not...I am kind of a traditional type grandma...So we ran one of my errands and lo and behold, close by he spotted the errand store of his dreams. It was Toys R Us.... He loved everything and I asked what he would like. He looked and looked and loved everything he saw. But he chose Cars. And then I got a huge lesson on the names of all the cars. I hope I can remember, because I forgot Mater/Mator (whatever) was Lightning McQueen's best friend. I should be given time out for not knowing. Logan was so surprised that grandma did not know this very important fact...
Then we went to Sonic for lunch. I wanted to show him what "drive-ins" were like back in the "olden days". It was fun, but after I got home I noticed I had not been given credit for the coupon I used. Such a deal...
After we arrived home, there was a small package that I had been expecting. And guess what it had ??? Poppers! What fun!!!
Here Logan proudly holds up his gift that he personally picked out for Grayson. So Grayson will be Santa for Christmas. I bought this at Penney's for $2.00. Now that is a good deal!


1 comment:
Way to use those coupons and get good deals...Logan had a great time and I am glad I didn't have to console him all day after the whole gun-show debocle! Thanks for thinking of my tender-hearted little man!
Post a Comment