Friday, October 15, 2010

Why I Take the BUS to Work

I often wonder why I take the bus because...in the winter on dark dreary freezing mornings I have to wait outside as the wind blows my skirt over my head and rips right through to the bones.  Then I have to stop all the time to add more people, and then drop them all off.  Then in the afternoon, the whole thing starts over again, but from the reverse.  So, yesterday I drove to work and because I was alone in the car, no commuter lane for me.  I was in the big crowd.  And we all  enjoyed the slow relaxed pace of not moving much.  It reminded me of times in Germany when people got out of their cars and went and talked to the neighbors, so to speak.  Once, on the way to work on a Saturday, there was a game or something and then the traffic was at a standstill for ages.  Someone got out and and started throwing nerf footballs across to other people.  It was rather funny.  But with the bus, its commuter lane all the way...and hey, I can even take a nap if I am so inclined...

No comments: