Saturday, September 11, 2010

Red Cabbage Day

Well, today was the day to start cooking and freezing my red cabbage.  I had Spence pick the 6 biggest heads and then I started on them this morning.  The cabbage filled 3 large pots.  And I chopped and cooked most of the morning.  After cooling them down I put them in their containers and stuck them in the big freezer.  Now I have 2 more Saturdays of the same process.  For those of you who like German red cabbage I put a recipe on an earlier post.  In Poland they make a salad of red cabbage.  It is sort of a cole-slaw type salad but in a vinegar type sauce rather than a white cole-slaw type.  I will have to try that too.  At the "This is the place Monument" Spence had a Red Cabbage cole-slaw and he loved it.  I will try to figure that out also. 
And then I got the dehydrator out and started drying some things.It was a busy day and now I am tired...

No comments: