It's hot, that's a sign, of course, but I remember summer as a young girl in California and everyday after school was out, the ice cream truck was there at the bus stop to greet us as we got off the bus. We would dig in our pockets and find the money for the choice of the day. I usually got a drumstick or 50/50 bar, which was 1/2 vanilla ice cream and 1/2 orange sherbet. And this was our "routine". Tonight on my daily walk, guess what I saw! The ice cream man! Hadn't seen one in ages. But there he was in the same looking truck and the same music playing loudly to get the children's attention. (Probably the same man, but wait, he would probably be dead by now, right?) Well, he got my attention and it made me hungry, although I was walking for exercise, not to find some ice cream. Luckily I have no money with me as I walk, otherwise I may have gained all the calories back that I was trying to lose by my walk. Remind me to put a buck or two in my pocket tomorrow. Did I really say that??? Shame on me! I have to save my extra calories for my pierogis in Poland in a couple of weeks and my Polish Italian Ice Cream. There are just some things I can't do without! I will be thinking about you as I enjoy them. MMMMMM!
I will try to post my "Pilgrimage to Poland" as regularly as I can get internet connections. So keep watching From Aug. 19-Sep 5.
Till later!
No comments:
Post a Comment