Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Poland Pilgrimage Day 6

This is only the start of the day.  I am at the archive in Gliwice, waiting for books, etc.  So, I posted the last 2 days, while I had internet.,  Sorry cameras are verboten and so my sd cards are in the lockers.  It was an amazing archive, can't believe it.  I am in heaven, which I told in English to Danuta and the helper said in English, I know exactly what you mean.  It is great.  They are very helpful here and were expecting me and had quite a stack of my books ready when we arrived.  But other fonds were not so clearly explained in the online catalog and so we had to request the signatures within each fond, which is what we are currently waiting on.  We are requesting lots of samples of different types to show when I get back including the 1840 census.  Fantastic stuff here! More later.  Excuse typos, am rushing!

No comments: