Monday, August 30, 2010

Mosquito Meat

Well, the studio apartment at the Prince's palace was very nice, except for ONE LITTLE THING!  There has been lots of rain and cold weather.  And for those who have been in Europe, they aren't big on window screens here....Well, as I went to bed I kept hearing a mosquito buzzing in my ear.  No sooner had I swatted him away, then he was back again.  This guy was hungry...then he brought some friends with him, or maybe it was family, don't really know.  I pulled the covers over my head, but soon got a little low on air.  So I pulled the covers as high as possible. The buzzing continued and the hungry thing got more and more on my nerves.  I put my head where my feet had been.  Nothing deterred the beast.  I finally gave up.  There was nothing that I could do...In the morning my arms were mosquito lunch.  (Or in this case, his midnight snack) but then I saw him on the wall and took my shoe and splat.  It was an ugly sight.  He may have won the battle, but I won the war, at least against him...

No comments: