Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Living in the Desert!
At work today we were talking over the " fence " , actually through the cubicles and Sylvie 's daughter was going to Arizona to visit Sylvie 's son's family. He is going to dental school there. The other day, her little grandson said to his mother, "big bug ". And his mom went to investigate and it was a cockroach, a typical sight in the desert ... I know, I lived in the Palm Springs, Ca. area. So I mentioned to her what my parents did at night. My parents noticed the roaches came up through the drains. At night, when the roaches roam, they would always keep all drains closed and the shower drain covered with cardboard or something that could be weighted down so that they could not come up through there, either. Anyway, a memory from my youth teenage years of living in the desert. Funny what comes to mind that you haven't thought about in years...
Labels:
my memories,
Sonja
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate all the bugs here in Arizona!
Post a Comment